Privacy for kidzz
1. What is personal data?
Personal data tells you something about you. This could be your name, address, date of birth or account number, for example. De Heus collects your personal data whenever you send us a letter, email us or call our customer service. We also receive data from you when you visit one of the De Heus websites.
2. What types of personal data do we process?
There are several types of personal data that we collect and process:
- Name and other information about your identity For example, we collect your name, your gender, your address and email address.
- Contact information and details about your personal account or registration. Your contact information may include your address, phone number, and email address. For example, if you create a personal account, De Heus can also record your login details and other information.
- Our communications with you.
- Information we collect when you use our websites, apps and other digital media When you visit our websites or use one of our mobile apps, we remember your IP address, browser type, operating system, the website that sent you to us, your browsing behaviour, location and app usage. We also collect information through cookies and other technologies when you visit our website or use our mobile apps. You can read more about this here.
- Information on social media Depending on your social media settings, De Heus can receive data from your social network provider. For example, if you log in with a social media account, we can receive your social media profile details and information about your contacts and interests.
3. How do we collect your information?
Here’s how we collect information for all these different types of personal data. We collect data: if you give it to us yourself; if you buy or order from us, if you sign up for our emails and if you register for one of our events or enter a competition or campaign; if you use our website or mobile apps. We collect this information through cookies. Depending on your social media settings, we can receive data from your social network provider. We may share your personal data with these other parties as well, under certain conditions. (See point 5 'Do we share your data with others?’).
4. What do we use your information for?
De Heus uses your personal data to make the Kidzz website even better and more fun. We also use your personal information to: keep in touch with you and send you news you might be interested in. If you don’t want to hear from us any more, you can always unsubscribe. We will process your personal data, such as address, email address and your visits to our websites, so we can send you great offers and news. Where necessary, we will only process your personal data if you say we can. Your personal data may be processed for communication purposes, such as sending information in a newsletter or through the website; if you take part in campaigns or competitions; for social media and to give you information about events. We will ask you for permission first before we send you our newsletter. If you ever visit a De Heus branch, we will ask you to provide your name and contact details. Camera surveillance may be used in at De Heus factories. In this case, personal data will be processed for your and our security.
5. Do we share your data with others?
6. Security and keeping your data
7. Your rights
Subscribe, unsubscribe and the right to object. De Heus will only send emails and mobile push notifications if you have agreed to receive them beforehand. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the email or by changing your smartphone settings (for mobile push notifications) or by contacting us (see point 9 for ‘Any questions?’). You can ask us to stop using your personal data for advertisements at any time, for example. You have lots of legal rights that can help protect your privacy. These include: the right to see what information we store about you; the right to update your personal data; the right to have us delete your personal data; the right to ask us to reduce the amount of data we process about you; the right to have us share or not share your information with others; the right to ask us to stop processing your data. You can take back any permission you give us at any time. To find out how to do this, please see our newsletter or website. Or you can contact our Privacy Officer at email@example.com.
8. Updates to this policy
9. Any questions?